The Midwest Veterinary Supply integration is a Standard Product Supplier Integration available to practices in the US. The integration enables clinics to:
- Create purchase orders from ezyVet and send to Midwest Veterinary Supply
- Receive supplier invoices
- Receive automatic price updates
Two separate integrations will need to be configured in your ezyVet site.
- The first integration is the API Partner integration. (This is because the Midwest Veterinary Supply integration has been built using our API).
- The second integration is the Midwest Veterinary Supply integration, where you will need to link to the API Partner integration.
Part I: API Partner Integration
1. Navigate to ADMIN
2. Using the drop-down menu on the left, select Integration.
3. On the main page, use the Integration drop-down/search to find API Partner.
When you select API Partner, an extra section will appear called API Partner Settings.
4. Under the Partner drop-down, select Midwest Veterinary Supply.
5. Click SAVE to save the integration.
6. Upon saving, credentials will be generated and the list of scopes will be displayed. Under the Scopes section, click the green 'Select All' button to enable all scopes.
7. Click SAVE again.
8. Click 'Download Credentials' to download a .txt file containing the client credentials for Midwest. Please email this .txt file to your Midwest Sales Representative.
Part II: Midwest Veterinary Supply Integration
1. Using the menu on the left, click Integrations to create a new integration.
2. On the main page, use the Integration drop-down/search to find MidwestVet(SPSI).
Selecting the integration will bring up more settings.
3. Under the Supplier field, search and select your Midwest Veterinary Supply. If you do not have a supplier for Midwest Veterinary Supply created yet, follow the steps below (otherwise skip to step 4):
i. Double click into the empty Supplier field - this will open a 'new supplier contact' screen.
ii. Enter the Business Name, a contact method, and an address (as well as any other fields required in your settings).
iii. Click SAVE. If there are any missing fields, you will receive an error.
iv. Click on the supplied record and set the "Prices Based On:" to Outer
v. Click SAVE and CLOSE, If there are any missing fields, you will receive an error. If successful, the contact screen will close and you will be taken back to the integration config page with the supplier field filled out.
4. Back on the Integration page: Under the API Partner section, search 'MidwestVet' and select the option API Partner (Midwest Veterinary Supply). This is where you link the first integration you created in Part I.
5. Under the section User Notification Group, enter a user to be notified by memo when receiving new supplier invoices. (Note: you can add more to the list once the integration has been saved).
6. Under the section MidwestVet Integration Settings [NOTE: This step needs to be provided by the Midwest Team on how the clinic user can get the Client ID and Client Secret from Midwest):
- Client ID: This is provided by the Midwest team. Please reach out to your MidwestVet Sales Representative for this information.
- Client Secret: This is provided by the Midwest team. Please reach out to your MidwestVet Sales Representative for this information.
- Grant Type: copy and paste the following: client_credentials
7. Finally, use the section Auto-Update Settings to configure how your product prices are updated.
- Supports Contract Price (if default product supplier) - MidwestVet support contract price. Enable this setting (i.e. YES).
- Update Price Based On Contract Price (if default product supplier) - The price of the product (linked to the product supplier) will be updated to the contract price if the supplier provides one AND this setting is enabled (i.e. YES).
- Update Product Cost Price (if default product supplier) - If MidwestVet updates the cost price of their products (for products which have already been added to ezyVet and synced previously using the Look-Up Products tool) then the Cost price of the product in ezyVet will update to the cost price MidwestVet sets, if this setting is enabled (i.e. YES).
- Update Product Sell Price (if default product supplier) - If MidwestVet updates the cost price of their products (for products which have already been added to ezyVet and synced previously using the Look-Up Products tool) then the sell price of the product in ezyVet will update based on the cost price and markup %, if this setting is enabled (i.e. YES).
8. Click SAVE.
You have now completed the integration configuration.